Saturday 7 June 2014

Day 1: First stop - Gobong

At what point do you really feel like you are on holidays?  I can tell you it is not the first two hour drive to get out of Sydney.  While I thought I had planned everything there was one thing I forgot.  That was the day I decided to leave was the long weekend.  The trip over the mountains is slow at the best of times (especially with the trailer in tow) however a line of weekend escapees did not help.  The great thing to know however is that most of those in the traffic only had a couple of days away.  Me on the other hand - I was just beginning my adventure. 

The first day was to see me make my way out to Orange then to take the road less travelled along Banjo Paterson Way (don't you love some Australian road names) through Molong, Cumnock and Yeoval. It was somewhere between Molong and the strange steel sculptures on the side of the road that I finally felt like the trip had begun.



The sun was slowly setting in the West (never good when you are driving directly in to it) so it was good timing to make my way to the first camp for the night - Gobong National Park - and the first of many campfires to come.



0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.