Wednesday 11 June 2014

Day 5: From The Lake to the Hill

Waking early was well worth it this morning with the sky over the Lake putting on a magic light show as it transitioned from deep guinness black through to a wine burgundy, pink rose then yellow chardonnay (I think it must be time for a drink).





 


As I only had about 150km to Broken Hill, and this was such a tranquil spot, I spent the morning reading, relaxing and going over the trailer and car to check for loose nuts from the last few days.



Back on the road and it was not long before I hit Broken Hill and my first shower for 5 days.  I could get use to this (although I am not sure my work mates of family could). Having been to Broken Hill and surrounds a few times before I decided not to stay in town long. it was a quick shop then to the caravan park.



The next week will see me meet up with my Auntie and Uncle for the long trip from Yunta, inland up to the Gammon Ranges, Oodnadatta Track, Old Ghan line to Fink then Alice.  There will be no phone reception so this will be the last post for a while.

See you on the other side. 

5 comments:

  1. Noticeable that these last couple of posts don't feel the need to keep reassuring Kath. ("It's all good Kath") Jim must be enjoying the solitude. Hux.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. See you tomorrow, Chris and Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking spot what camera are u using great pics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An old nikon D200. Still a great camera. And I have recently decided to downsize and am using the olympus om1. Loving it.

      Ps: it is the artist not the paintbrush

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.